ROMA is the first capital city to host the European Tour of The Midnight Run 2015, coordinated by CCT-SeeCity and in partnership with UNESCO, to celebrate the International Year of Light.
#MNRlight2015 // #MNRroma: Saturday 23 May, 35 MNRunners (participants) and 5 local Artists will meet to walk and explore Rome, play and create together whilst the city sleeps, from dusk to dawn (18.00 – 6.00). Will you join us!?
50% of funds raised from event tickets will be donated to Liter of Light NGO, the goal being to provide low-cost solar lighting technology to a new centre for women and children called “The House of Marietou” and located in Pikine, a suburban village of Dakar, capital city of Senegal. Here, by the end of the UN’s International Year of Light, Liter of Light Italia will install 280 lights (both street and home lamps) thanks to the 280 MNRunners of The #MNRlight2015. The next events will be in MADRID, June 20 > LONDON, July 18> BERLIN, August 15 > PARIS, September 12. Follow us and join us!
Founded in 2005 in London by Inua Ellams, The Midnight Run celebrates 10 years of growing success and CCT-SeeCity continues to promote this urban, creative and cultural, movement also in Italy: after Florence and Milan in 2012, The MNR will take place for the first time in Rome with a very special edition, the first-ever MNR event inaugurating a European tour organized in partnership with UNESCO: The #MNRlight2015!
ROMA, Saturday 23 May 2015.
HOW to JOIN The #MNRroma?
Sign up on Facebook and buy your ticket (30€) * on Eventbrite. For further information, email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call: +39 366 9777735. NOTE: the event is open to 35 participants, hurry up!
* The ticket includes: MNR tour & ART performances + MNR gadgets + Dinner + Drink + Breakfast + donation to “Liter of Light” NGO that will serve to provide a “liter of light” to “The House of Marietou” in Pikine (Dakar, Senegal).
MNR DRESS CODE: comfortable shoes + sweater/jacket for the night!
MEETING POINT: Saturday 23 May 2015, 17.45 @ Via della Luce (Piazza Mastai). At 18.00 we’ll leave, so it’s important to be punctual!
- – The Niro: songwriter and multi-instrumentalist born in Rome; after years abroad and songs in English, he has returned home with an album in Italian who presented in 2014 at the Festival of Sanremo.
- – Solo: his paintings on canvas and walls are in different cities in Europe but his passion for Art comes from the place he was born, Rome. You’ve probably met his superheroes on the street…
- – Teatrate: group of actors and professional teachers that is part of the international circuit of the “Match of Improvisational Theatre” (the show most represented in the world), didactic and scenic format that exclusively manages for Rome.
- – TEss: Tess Amodeo-Vickery, aka TEss, is an American singer-songwriter who grew up in the woods of New Hampshire and skyscrapers of Manhattan, but she has been living in Rome for years (“The city that conquered me, and where I can live every day surrounded by Art”).
- – Viviana Boccardi: Roman illustrator with a huge passion for music and cinema, recurring themes in her works; in 2011, she creates the brand Enjoy the silence, printing her illustrations on t-shirts, sweatshirts and more.
FILMMAKER & PHOTOGRAPHER:
- – Varsi: Art gallery and cultural centre in the heart of Rome (via di San Salvatore in Campo, 51) that hosts innovative and avant-garde artists.
- – Tram Depot: an old tram converted into a kiosk that offers gourmet street food of quality in a flowering garden in Via Marmorata 13 (Testaccio).
- – Black Market: Art & Music gallery with bar in Via Panisperna 101 (Monti).
- – Zia Rosetta: in via Urbana 54 (Rione Monti), chef Alessandro Verderosa creates fantastic “rosette” and “mini rosette” to take away or enjoy in his place.
- – Pop Up – Live Sessions: it shows the best artists of the music scene in their natural habitat, the live.
- – Le Levain Roma: passion, creativity and Italian taste blend with the technique, rigor and originality of French bakery in Via Luigi Santini, 22-23 (Trastevere).
What is The #MNRlight2015? Here everything you need to know about The Midnight Run // European Tour 2015: http://www.cct-seecity.com/en/2015/04/the-midnight-run-european-tour-2015/.
The #MNRlight2015 wears D.A.T.E. Sneakers!
The Midnight Run //
Cause we can’t see stars for fumes
we turn to smashed glass, believing
shards shine like constellations do.