PARIS is the fifth (and last) capital city to host the European Tour of The Midnight Run 2015, coordinated by CCT-SeeCity and in partnership with UNESCO, to celebrate the International Year of Light.
#MNRlight2015 // #MNRparis: Saturday 12 August, 35 MNRunners (participants) and 5 local Artists will meet to walk and explore Paris, play and create together whilst the city sleeps, from dusk to dawn (18.00 – 6.00). Will you join us!?
50% of funds raised from event tickets will be donated to Liter of Light NGO, the goal being to provide low-cost solar lighting technology to a new centre for women and children called “The House of Marietou” and located in Pikine, a suburban village of Dakar, capital city of Senegal. Here, by the end of the UN’s International Year of Light, Liter of Light Italia will install 280 lights (both street and home lamps) thanks to the 280 MNRunners of The #MNRlight2015.
Founded in 2005 in London by Inua Ellams, The Midnight Run celebrates 10 years of growing success and CCT-SeeCity continues to promote this urban, creative and cultural, movement in the rest of Europe: and for this European Tour organized in partnership with UNESCO – The #MNRlight2015! – The MNR comes for the first time ever to Paris, too!
PARIS, Saturday 12 September 2015.
HOW to JOIN The #MNRparis?
Sign up on Facebook and buy your ticket (30€; early bird: 20€) * on Eventbrite. For further information, email to: email@example.com. Or call: +39 366 9777735. NOTE: the event is open to 35 participants, hurry up!
* The ticket includes: MNR tour & ART performances + MNR gadgets + Dinner + Drink + Breakfast + donation to “Liter of Light” NGO that will serve to provide a “liter of light” to “The House of Marietou” in Pikine (Dakar, Senegal).
MNR DRESS CODE: comfortable shoes + sweater/jacket for the night!
MEETING POINT: Saturday 12 September 2015, 17.45 @ Shakespeare and Company Bookshop (37 Rue de la Bûcherie). At 18.00 we’ll leave, so it’s important to be punctual!
- – Kévi Donat: Founder & Tour Guide at Le Paris Noir.
- – Ulysse Mars: Singer/Songwriter.
- – Marie Bé: Journalist and Playwright.
- – Lola Peploe: Actress.
- – Guido Baroncelli: Filmmaker & CCTzen!
- – Shakespeare & Company: English-language bookshop in the heart of Paris, on the banks of the Seine, opposite Notre-Dame (37 Rue de la Bûcherie).
- – Le Paris Noir: A walk through the streets of Paris with an unusual theme.
- – Le Comptoir Général: Bar, restaurant, and exotic concept store with a thousand curiosities.
- – Waxman Brothers: Established in Paris, 2014. Select 100% cotton wax printed fabrics. Manufacture original shirts in Italy. Spread Afrobeat culture!
What is The #MNRlight2015? Here everything you need to know about The Midnight Run // European Tour 2015: https://www.cct-seecity.com/en/2015/04/the-midnight-run-european-tour-2015/.
The #MNRlight2015 wears D.A.T.E. Sneakers!
The Midnight Run //
Cause we can’t see stars for fumes
we turn to smashed glass, believing
shards shine like constellations do.