Tell us a true story, we’ll give you a gift.
The first Monday of every month, we try to inspire you (for a week) with a new detail belonging to a gift that we’ll send to the best true story’s author. Every gift is chosen by the CCTeam and it represents our “Seelosophy“: what we do love and believe our community might love, too.
50 YAB stickers! #YABsticker is the little message that started a worldwide phenomenon. With a pack of “You Are Beautiful” stickers, you can join this incredible movement and spread smiles! Over 2 million of these 1.5″ x 2″ friendly reminders have traveled around the globe. What will you do with yours?
About: Three short words. One powerful message. A small tiny sticker, shared over 2 million times, creating smiles on every continent of the world (including Antarctica)! “You Are Beautiful” is more than a little sticker, it’s an idea. It’s a way to brighten someone’s day, a way to pat a stranger on the back, a way to remind ourselves that even when things aren’t going great, it’s ok! It began simply with 100 stickers in 2002 in Chicago, from an idea by Matthew Hoffman, and has since evolved into block-long murals, public installations, and exhibitions at cultural institutions involving thousands of artists. Check out photos that have been tagged #YABsticker! This project is designed for you, and open to everyone. It’s a way to make a difference, and have fun in the process. Get some stickers, and get out of your comfort zone. Share this simple, true message with your world and never forget: You Are Beautiful. | you-are-beautiful.com
What is beautiful to you? For us, “Beauty” is one detail that makes the difference because it’s unconvetionally true. And we love this quote from Ode on a Grecian Urn (lines 49-50), a poem by the English Romantic Poet John Keats:
“Beauty is truth, truth beauty,” – that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
Week: 1-7 February 2016
- The first Monday of every month, we post a detail belonging to a new “gift” – on our web guidezine and Instagram profile @cctseecity – with one theme and one hashtag.
- Any tagged photo taken over the week is eligible only if it shows a “true story” described in its caption (max 2.200 characters) and inspired by the theme.
- Please, add the #agiftforatruestory_beauty hashtag only to photos taken by you over this week and only submit your own story.
- Next week, we’ll share the “best 9 true stories” on our web guidezine and Instagram, tagging the best nine authors. And we’ll announce the winner!
- The winner will be directly contacted via Instagram and will receive the gift by the CCTeam.
- CCTips: Try to see the world with different eyes and let the city suggest you how to start your true story. Details make the difference and different is beautiful! #SeeCity, See & Smile
#agiftforatruestory project is a series featuring designated themes and hashtags chosen by the CCTeam, on the first Monday of every month. Special editions are sponsored by brands/companies we like. For a chance to be featured on www.cct-seecity.com and win the related gift, follow @cctseecity on Instagram and look for a post announcing the latest project.