On 09/09/09 CCT starts traveling towards “places”…
Here are 9 reasons why we believe the world needs CCT:
- We are surrounded by “non-places”: an alienating repetition. By “copy-paste formats” without history, without identity.
- There are no more “events”. Every real fact is recorded, filmed, photographed: duplicable, infinitely repeatable.
- Replication is boring and it has no emotion.
- We have forgotten how to admire and to be amazed. We live surrounded by images but we have stopped imagining.
- Before taking a picture we don’t observe. Our mind doesn’t remember anything more: we rely on the memory of the various personal hard disk.
- We have lost the pleasure of being “spectators”: we all prefer to be actors and directors.
- We expect the places we are going to visit look like they seem in the pictures we have already seen.
- In the halls of museums or art galleries, we almost forget to see the works; we are fleeting passers-by, we have no time to dwell. What matters is to say: I was there. (Even better if it’s the Opening).
- We are world citizens but we travel without really knowing the cities (often even not the one in which we live). We are happy to see only as they “appear”.