Tell us a true story, we’ll give you a gift.
The first Monday of every month, we try to inspire you (for a week) with a new detail belonging to a gift that we’ll send to the best true story’s author. Every gift is chosen by the CCTeam and it represents our “Seelosophy”: what we do love and believe our community might love, too.
Book “Henri Cartier-Bresson” by Clément Chéroux. 160pp in English; illustrated in colour and black and white throughout; first published 2008 in the United Kingdom by Thames & Hudson. | www.thamesandhudson.com
About: Henri Cartier-Bresson’s photography came to define the 20th century. This book tells his life story through his images: all the major events from his youth to his death in 2004 are described, contextualized, and analysed in the light of his photographic work. From his early encounters with the Surrealists, his film work and his experiences in the Second World War, to the development of his own personal aesthetic, the concept of the ‘decisive moment’, and the foundation of Magnum Photos, his influence on the world has been profound and unforgettable. Documents in the book include three of his own articles written for magazines; extracts from interviews; a selection of the short handwritten notes he liked to make about his work; and writings by fellow photographers such as Walker Evans and Robert Doisneau. | www.henricartierbresson.org
“Personally, I never think about photography; what occupies me is life.” – Henri Cartier-Bresson (page 145).
Week: 4-10 January 2016
- The first Monday of every month, we post a detail belonging to a new “gift” – on our web guidezine and Instagram profile @cctseecity – with one theme and one hashtag.
- Any tagged photo taken over the week is eligible only if it shows a “true story” described in its caption (max 2.200 characters) and inspired by the theme.
- Please, add the #agiftforatruestory_life hashtag only to photos taken by you over this week and only submit your own story.
- Next week, we’ll share the “best 9 true stories” on our web guidezine and Instagram, tagging the best nine authors. And we’ll announce the winner!
- The winner will be directly contacted via Instagram and will receive the gift by the CCTeam.
- CCTips: Try to see the world with different eyes and let the city suggest you how to start your true story. Details make the difference and different is beautiful! #SeeCity, See & Smile 🙂
#agiftforatruestory project is a series featuring designated themes and hashtags chosen by the CCTeam, on the first Monday of every month. Special editions are sponsored by brands/companies we like. For a chance to be featured on www.cct-seecity.com and win the related gift, follow @cctseecity on Instagram and look for a post announcing the latest project.